In today’s globally connected community, people are now more than ever joined together in a world of possibilities and challenges. In every facet of our individual and collective lives we shape this world just as we are deeply influenced by what transpires in its furthest corners.
International Studies (IS) is an interdisciplinary program at NC State University that prepares graduates to embrace a world where global linkages exist along side boundaries and separations. To do this, students learn to speak a foreign language, to appreciate the cultural diversity of all societies, to understand the economic dynamics of global trade, and to follow the ever-shifting geo-political lines.
As a major in this program, you will:
- Choose a concentration
- Take three core courses in International Studies
- Acquire foreign language skills (300 level or above)
- Acquire at least 6 credit hours from an approved Study Abroad program
As a minor in this program, you will:
- Take two core courses in International Studies (IS 200 & IS 393)
- Complete 9 credit hours from an approved list of courses
- Acquire foreign language skills (202 level or above)
- Students are strongly encouraged to participate in a Study Abroad program