- As of the beginning of spring semester, you are enrolled in one of these majors:
• Africana Studies
• Arts Studies (Film, Music, Visual)
• International Studies (all concentrations)
• Interdisciplinary Studies (Self-Design)
• Science, Technology and Society
• Women’s and Gender Studies.
- You plan to apply to a study abroad program that takes place in spring or summer 2013. You may apply for spring even if your program already starts/has started in January.
How to Apply
Write a one page essay explaining how this planned study abroad experience would support the academic work for your major and your career plans. Also include a brief description of any prior experience abroad and how this new experience will challenge you, deepen your understanding of your specific field of study and, in a more general way, expand your horizons.
Submitting your application implies your consent to having the committee review your transcript.
Email your application and a one page resume to
Katie Bean, firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2013.
After your Study Abroad Experience
- You are required to write a thank you letter to the donor who provided your stipend.
- You are required to write a short illustrated report about your study abroad experience.
- The report should include observations about cross cultural differences and how your international experience contributed to your education or might shape your plans for the future.
- The report should include photos, be about 5 pages long (with the photos), and will be submitted as a simple WORD file.
- The report will be shared with the donor and with IDS and CHASS leadership (program directors, Deans).
Up to two awards will be made. Total funds available = $600.