Minor in International Studies
An International Studies Minor consists of a minimum of 15 credit hours of course work as outlined below. Nine of the 15 credit hours are to be completed at NC State University.For certification of the completion of the minor on a student's transcript, the student:
- Must submit an "Application for Minor" form to the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies, 1911 Building Room 106, at any time prior to the end of the pre-registration period of the student's final semester; and
- Must sign, prior to the end of the first week of the student's final semester, the application form, indicating all grades received for the courses completed in the minor program and the courses to be taken during the student's final semester.
- Is strongly encouraged to participate in a Study Abroad Program. Minor candidates are also reminded that their education can be strengthened by participating in international activities or groups on campus.
- Be aware that you will need to complete the FL_202 level of a foreign language for the minor's foreign language requirement. This course will NOT count as one of the courses for the minor, it is strictly a foreign language requirement to complement your course work for the minor.
- Of the 9 credit hours of electives that apply to the minor, only one course can be at the 200-level.
Form #1: Declare a Minor form
Registration and Records (R&R) form: the Declare a Minor form must be completed, signed, and delivered to R&R in Harris Hall in order to be enrolled officially in this Minor and displayed in the student's degree audit. An academic minor needs to be declared before the student applies for graduation. This form can be signed by either the Program Director/Coordinator for this Minor or the Interdisciplinary Studies' Student Services Specialist, in the 1911 Building, Suite 106.
Form #2: Application for Minor Certification form
Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) form: the Application for Minor Certification form for International Studies is to be completed, approved and signed, and then delivered to the IDS Main Office (1911-106) usually no later than the term when this Minor’s requirements are met. List on this form all courses taken for this Minor, with the grades received, as well as all courses in progress and planned courses for this Minor. If completing this form online, it is recommended that you save with a new file name which includes your name. This form must be signed by the International Studies Minor Coordinator/Advisor.
A academic minor must be completed no later than the term in which the student expects to graduate. The College of Humanities & Social Sciences (Caldwell 106) provides the required graduation clearance for this Minor to receive official recognition and be placed on the student's permanent transcript.
International Studies Minor Coordinator/Advisor:
Dr. Haddy Njie
Teaching Assistant Professor
1911 Building, Room 107-C
Campus Box 7107