Student who complete a Minor in Women’s and Gender Studies, must take 15 hours of course work- 3 required courses and two elective.
- WGS 200 Introduction to Women's Studies
- WGS 300 Introduction to Feminist Theories
- WGS 492 Theoretical Issues in Women's Studies
- WGS 224 Contemporary Issues in Ecofeminism
- WGS 220 Men and Masculinities
- WGS 310 Internship in Women's and Gender Studies
- WGS 370 Advanced Studies of Gender in Science
- WGS 493 Topics in Women's and Gender Studies
- WGS/ANT 444 Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Women
- WGS/COM 362 Communication and Gender
- WGS/ENG 305 Women and Literature
- WGS/ENG 327 Language and Gender
- WGS/ENG 478 Women and Film
- WGS/HI 423 Women in European Enlightenment
- WGS/HI 447 American Women to 1900
- WGS/HI 448 American Women in the 20th Century
- WGS/MUS 360 Women and Music
- WGS/PS 418 Gender, Law, and Policy
- WGS/PSY 406 Psychology of Gender
- WGS/SOC 204 Sociology of the Family
- WGS/SOC 304 Women and Men in Society
- WGS/SOC 407 Sociology of Sexualities
- WGS/STS 210 Women and Gender in Science and Technology
Form #1: Declare a Minor form
Registration and Records (R&R) form: the Declare a Minor form must be completed, signed, and delivered to R&R in Harris Hall in order to be enrolled officially in this Minor and displayed in the student's degree audit. An academic minor needs to be declared before the student applies for graduation. This form can be signed by either the Program Director/Coordinator for this Minor or the Interdisciplinary Studies' Student Services Specialist, in the 1911 Building, Suite 106.
Form #2: Application for Minor Certification form
Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) form: the Application for Minor Certification for form for Women’s & Gender Studies is to be completed, approved and signed, and then delivered to the IDS Main Office (1911-106) usually no later than the term when this Minor’s requirements are met. List on this form all courses taken for this Minor, with the grades received, as well as all courses in progress and planned courses for this Minor. If completing this form online, it is recommended that you save with a new file name which includes your name. This form must be signed by the Women's & Gender Studies Program Coordinator.
A academic minor must be completed no later than the term in which the student expects to graduate. The College of Humanities & Social Sciences (Caldwell 106) provides the required graduation clearance for this Minor to receive official recognition and be placed on the student's permanent transcript.