Skip to main content

Add or Change Majors and Minors

Are you interested in adding a second major, a minor or changing your degree? We can help.

Change of Degree Applications

Adding a Major

To add or change majors, you must complete NC State’s Change of Degree Application in MyPack Portal.

Eligible students must have completed 12 or more graded credit hours at NC State and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. In addition, our programs will give preference to students who meet additional qualifications.

Adding a Minor

Students can apply for admission to most minor programs in MyPack Portal. Admission will be based on the student’s academic record, and in most cases no longer requires departmental review.

If you need help navigating the minor process, please reach out to the program coordinator.